The following are all licenses and certificates and memberships needed and Africa e-Waste have them all
- NEMWA license – (National Environmental Management Waste Act 12/9/11/L1377/3/24G) this is the SA license needed to be registered, audited and kept in order to comply with the hazardous equipment disposal (click here to view the PDF version)
- Second Hand Goods License – To sell and buysecond hand goods in SA (click here to view the PDF version)
- ISO Certificates - These certificates are very prestigious to have for major international companies and many SA companies. This is to show and prove we adhere to international standards in all our services. The certificates are audited yearly and you have to prove you adhere to the standard or you lose your certificate. Many companies say the adhere to ISO standards, but are not certified, this actually means very little, but to say your certified, means you were audited and passed and are in possession of a certificate.
All ISO certificates companies must have a representative just looking after the upkeep of the conditions and also to monitor all staff including all management adhere to the rules and regulations of the ISO certificate.
i. ISO9001 (click here to view the PDF version)
This certificate is to certify we do our reporting & administration to international standards.
There are various forms, compliances and procedure that have to be documented daily to comply with this certificate
ii. ISO14001 (click here to view the PDF version)
This certificate is to certify we recycle in an environmentally friendly way.
Very important to recycling companies, directly linked to the environment.
iii. ISO18001 (click here to view the PDF version)
This certificate is to certify we look after the health & safety of our staff.
There are many conditions to be met at the warehouse, but more importantly at all sites when having this certificate.
- EWASA membership (click here to view the PDF version)
Electronic waste association of South Africa
Highly recognized in the E-WASTE industry
Ulze van Wyk is also a director of EWASA
- IWMSA member (click here to view the PDF version)
Institute of Waste Management of Southern Africa
- Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
- Waste Hub License
- Letter of Good Standing (click here to view the PDF version)
- BEE level 4 (click here to view the PDF version)